Wombat wrote:
> I read that so often even as proof for MQA superiority. Ever checked
> what frequencies a piano really pushes? Most likely a 32kHz samplerate
> recording will capure all audible (non masked) overtones. This is far
> away of square wav needs.
> You may check for noise between played notes, thats all.

Hi Wombat!

My (obviously subjective) problem with square waves is "heard one,
you've heard 'em all". Hell, they don't even list the composers or
artists on these test discs anymore.

Solo piano is not *-that-* easy to reproduce because of a rapid initial
transient followed by a decay, both controlled by a combination of the
instrument and the performer. The composer usually provides some modest
input regarding the sequence of notes, tempo, style, you know, that kind
of musical thing.

Opinion: I like Debussy; I don't like square waves.

I do believe that MQA will prove to be a here today, gone tomorrow fad
and one without any particular merits in the first place however, so
we're not totally at odds.

Dave :)