Golden Earring wrote:
> Hi Julf!
>
> I've finally caught up with you - this is a very interesting concept.
>
> The discussion at section 5.4 in the AES paper (& the accompanying Fig.
> 7) got me thinking that clock drift not captured by a jitter measurement
> *-might-* be a rational explanation of the phenomenon that I am
> (subjectively) experiencing...

I can't recall what you reported, but I can tell you that in general the
clocks of audio products are very accurate and very stable and fall
miles within the relatively poor human ability to perceive long-term or
short term changes in pitch. That's what changes in clock frequency show
up as, changes in pitch.