arnyk wrote:
> That makes no sense, since *vinyl has no technical advantages at all
> over the CD*.

Morning Arny!

You have misinterpreted my meaning here - perhaps I should have made my
point more explicitly.

What I meant was simply that there was no way to "clone" or "rip" an LP
back in the day, & that making a cassette tape (or even a domestic
reel-to-reel tape) copy resulted in even further reduced fidelity. This
is clearly borne out by the fact that album sales were much greater for
chart-topping material in the pre- CD-R/ripping software era than they
are today, even though the quality of the media used for commercial
recordings now available for sale is clearly superior.

And in those days we were all informed that "home taping is killing
music". Ah, Jim lad...  :rolleyes:

Dave :)