.
I thought this was the Audiophile Section on a Digital Forum
:confused:

HiFi VCRs were notorious for losing there head alignment and if they
were used often needed annual or serving every two years minimum to stay
in spec. People treated them like push lawnmowers. They would bring them
into the shop and say that the program they recorded last week plays
perfectly but any tape made more then three years ago are not viewable,
"Can you fix that?". I would reply, "Sure, but you will not be able to
view most of the programs you recorded for the last three years after I
align the heads back to factory spec, your choice which is more
important."

Reasons for cassette tapes:
1) Taping criminal confessions
2) Forcing your mix tapes on others
3) Something to litter the highways with when the car deck eats the
cassette

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini