d6jg wrote:
> All piss take aside not all ISPs are the same.
> UK
> In general you do get what you pay for in this arena. Go cheap and you
> get a cheap router and a heavily contended network and a shit level of
> Technical Support usually from a third world call centre where English
> is not the first language.
> Go for a business grade provider eg Zen and you will get a decent
> router, a free really fixed IP, it will be faster and you’ll be unlucky
> if you have to find out how good Tech Support is. (I will tell you
> though it’s UK based and they know what they are doing.) It’s a couple
> of £ more per month.

At most places in the United States, one has essentially zero choice in
IP providers (sadly).  At most, one might have the Cable TV company IP
vs. the telephone company IP.  Given the monopoly, service is crap.

*Home:* Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes,
TuneFusion; -Streaming:- Spotify