On Mon, Mar 30 2015, Yair Yarom <ir...@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 28 2015, sf...@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>
>> Are you using user-space NFS server too?
>> If so, does this script surely reproduce the problem?
>> This script prints "0" at the end when everything is fine.
>
> Our nfs servers are NetAPP and FreeBSD machines (not user space...).
>
> The script itself prints "0", however I currently don't have time to
> thoroughly check it. In a couple of days when I have time I'll try to
> see if I can make a script that reproduces the problem.

It seems the script doesn't mount the nfs, so I'm a bit puzzled about
what it was suppose to check.

In any case, though I don't think it was my original problem (but I
might be wrong), it appears that currently if the nfs is mounted with
"noacl", it might fail with Operation not supported even if the nfs
mount is rw and can be changed directly on the mount.

The attached script reproduces the Operation not supported when trying
to move a file on the aufs (though moving it on the nfs works). It's not
as nice as yours, it prints some stuff, and assumes nfs-kernel-server is
already running.

    Yair.