so take that a step further. on the thoughts that have been presented so far.

1) do glider pilots land short of their objectives and off airfield

Yes

2) are they non-comp as well as comp flights

Yes

3) do some of these have less than optimal arrivals

Yes

4) do some of them result in fatality or injury

Yes

5) Is is very likely that further regulation will help

No

6) is it more likely that on going attention, education, reeducation and
simulation will have positive effect towards reducing these events

Yes

Stay current, remain Alert, remain hydrated and do things in advance that help
you make good decisions during the flight.