yes, it is recommended that all budding and  novice Comp pilots complete a
Speedweek or similar before their first Comp.

when Paul Mander runs Speedweek there is emphasis is on Comp preparation. Final
Glides and FG planning is part of that. A great place with a structured low
stress environment to learn and practice these key aspects.