Hey Gentlemen!
(and at this point I am using the term increasingly loosely)

Can I gently suggest we might have whipped this topic hard enough at this
point, and that none of you are interested in being sympathetic to the views of
the others sufficiently for this conversation to have any real chance of
‘converging’ from here. When it gets to name calling, its gone far enough.

Whatever you’re trying to prove to each other, its turning into one of those
conversations that, if held at a party, would lead to the others around
wandering off quietly to find another drink and a less aggressive conversation.

You are now at the point that reminds me of the classic gag about academia:

Q: Why are arguments between academics so vehement?
A: Because the stakes are so low.

Thanks,
  Simon