On 30/01/2017, Mark Newton <new...@atdot.dotat.org> wrote:
> Why do you want ranks?
>
>   - mark

Because an untrained beginner with 2 hours experience should be given
different privileges and responsibilities to a trained pilot with
2000?

I learned how to drive on a Student license, and stopped progressing
through the licensing system once I received my Open. I don't need to
I had no need or desire to be a Driving Instructor myself.

Under the GFA system an Open license wouldn't exist. You'd need the
blessing of the driving school to continue to drive anywhere. If you
had an accident it would be the responsibility of the driving school.
If you drove somewhere where an existing driving school was located,
you'd suddenly fall under that school's control - even if they had no
idea about your history or personal vehicle.

Cheers,

Al