----- Original Message -----
From: "Leigh Bunting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] NAS Changes
| I'm told every glider now has its own transponder code.
Its on the CASA or
| Airservices web site somewhere, I  believe.
|
| When I updated my registration details for my Grunau Baby,
the return letter from
| CASA stated my code - not that it is of any use to me.

Leigh,
This may be the start of an eventual transfer to ADS-B.
This system uses Mode S Transponders, which have unique
codes built into them for every separate aircraft. This
means that wherever you are, Airservices can find you.  If
you are a good boy, this is no problem. If you are not a
good boy, you can't hide !
(No quoting different rego over the radio when quizzed by
Airservices ;-)            )
Cheers,  John G.