Graeme Cant wrote:

> You're right Mike.  While I suspect 150 nm is a pretty optimistic range at
> glider altitudes, I did forget about Edinburgh with Orions doing circuits

At Balaklava, about 40NM from Edinburgh, we are restricted to 8500'. We
have seen some days where if you were at 8501', you would be shredded by
one or two of those bloody great props.

> I guess there's also effectively a light aircraft corridor up
> the coast to Pirie, Augusta, etc out of Parafield.

Nope. Its just open slather while staying out of the military airspace.
It never ceases to amaze me how many light a/c and helicopters blunder
straight over Whitwarta through winch-wire airspace.

So far no-one has lost a wing or rotor-blade - but the odds must be
shortening.

Leigh Bunting
Colonel Light Gardens
South Australia