Mike, while the New Zealand Civil Aviation Rule 91.209 “Use of Oxygen Equipment” doesn’t require the carriage or use of supplemental oxygen up to 13,000’ AMSL unless above 10,000’ for more than 30 minutes, the Gliding New Zealand Advisory circular (http://www.gliding.co.nz/Operations/MOAP/Ops/ACs/Carriage%20and%20Use%20of%20Oxygen.doc) states that operation of a glider above 10,000’ is only permitted if supplemental oxygen is available.

> Brian Wade (and others) wrote:
>             >
>   Sorry but I read that as you can go up to 13000 with no oxygen in the
> glider as long as you don't spend more than 30 minutes above 10000.
>Well I read it as meaning you can go up to 13,000 without using oxygen, but
>you must have it available in the glider for use if needed.
> If it's there and available, why would one not use it ....... ?
>
> Terry (in puzzled mode)

No puzzle at all Terry. Those guys are just plain wrong.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784