Thank you Steve
His name isn't Tom, but that doesn't matter. He also has 5000 hours
in Canberras and other interesting military stuff, but the rest is
pretty straight.

When flying check out is done on a performance basis (ie is he safe)
rather than prescriptive basis (ie the federation), he gets his
tickets on merit, by the regulator anointed check pilot.

end of issue