hopefully something will happen - recently a friend of mine who flys a B747
to rep of South Africa could not fly a glider there until his next trip when
he organised an EASA glider pilot licence There were no worries flying the
747 into or out of RSA just the glider (the JS1) !!!!

To the other extreme I can remember in Sweden Bill Edwards and I just got in
a glider (Mariane) and just flew it and one of the locals doing the flight
sheets said "they are aussies  -they can fly" and we flew the glider we had
never seen before let alone flown  and nobody gave us a briefing and zero
paperwork!!!

Ian M