At 04:55 PM 26/11/2009, you wrote:
Adam, I've got a standard Targus usb/serial port converter and from memory have to use a null modem cable with the (older) EW Model d logger. The manual describes the lead as being 'special'. With the null modem cable the EW works faultlessly after the correct ports are assigned in the system to match the software.

Dave

Yes, I've found that with the EW model D. Do that and they are one of the easier devices to download.

Better than the wrestle I just had this afternoon with a Colibri F. Wouldn't connect for quite a while then started behaving itself. Trouble is it put the calibration file on the end of the last flight file or something like that making it look like it wasn't there until I opened the file in Notepad and found the calibration run at the end of it.

I ran another V4.2 Colibri through at the same time so it wasn't technique and had no trouble with that one. However I hope the flight already on it wasn't the guy's gold height claim, hence my earlier post about notching the trace.

Mike

Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments since 1978
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784

email:   mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com