in Main BOm specify the line type of sub assembly BOM line as Vendor

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Tushar Joshi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can u please guide me in mapping Sub contracting process in Ax.
>
>   I have a client who follows sub-contracting process in which the
material from his own inventory are sent to vendor for job-work and
then the material in inwarded with a different item number.

>   E.g. I have a sub assemly named A for which i have a BOM and the
components are C and D. I will send the material C and D to my vendor
and in turn he will return me item A.

>   -Tushar
>
> visti Sethna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>             Can someone tell me how will the time be captured for
the subcontracting (Service type) item please. Coz My gant chart
should capture the lead time for procurement of the subcontracted
item when I schedule  the jobs. Instead, it schedules the first
operation instantly after the second operation. There is something
called finite material and finite capacity planing. Where do i select
the checkbox for finite material planning.