I am not sure of what you are saying. Did you try 'limited by materials'
checkbox while scheduling production orders?

Regards

Harry

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James Flavell
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:19 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Grouping of production orders for
planning

Thanks Harry

Kind of getting you although probably not 100%

The production orders planned start date should be based on when the material
is available
If the material is delayed then the start date of the production orders should
be delayed and the user warned if they will miss the delivery date

I believe this is how the master planning is doing in AX (for single item) if
everything is still in the planned status. But once firmed then I think AX
master planning does not really give a good indication to the user

Thanks
James