From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Flavell
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 9:37 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Loading Legacy History (Sales Invoices
& Vendor Invoices) to standard AX 2009

Hi Michael,

I have loaded sales and purchase invoice directly into the cust/vendinvoicejour
and lines.  The one thing to note is the cost is not available since this comes
from inventtrans (which I did not bother to create).

If the customer wants the cost (usually they will be willing to accept without
if you tell them how much more it will cost) then either you have to create
inventtrans records (possible either via code or via import data as SO and post
invoices) or just modify so that there is a new field on the invoice lines
called 'historical cost' and then modify the cost method on the lines such that
if there is zero cost returned from inventtrans search then return the value in
the historical cost (I have not done this but looked at doing it and it should
be a nice and clean mod from what I saw of the code)

All the best
Let us know what you decide on
Thanks
James