From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Subbu
Sent: 15 April 2009 06:56
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Loading Legacy History (Sales
Invoices & Vendor Invoices) to standard AX 2009

Hi Varden,

He can use DoInsert() method absolutely no problem. but, how can he create
SalesIds that link between SalesInvouceJour/SalesInvoiceLines tables. Trans
tables have inventTransId which links to SalesLine And also, the story does
not stop at just these tables. If the vendor has non po invoices, then he
has to post in LedgerJournalTable/LedgerJournalTrans. Remebember, if his
customer wants to view the report by customer num, discounts , tax
,surcharges, tax on surcharges, tax exempt on surchares oh yeah, its just
not those two tables. He has also look into ledgerJournalTable/Trans tables
for Non PO/SO invoices and make sure that he has properly taken care of GL
side postings. I am not sure if his customer would consider to maintain his
whole SO/PO invoice history in a seperate company rather than the existing
transactional company. Some people would prefer to maintain the history in a
seperate company or ask them to use TARGIT or something similar. Just a
thought. Wanted to say that its just not two tables when the orders have
discounts,Sales taxes ( each state has its own tax ) and surcharges.

My 2 US cents.

Kind regards,
Subbu
Sr. Application Developer.
Certified double master in functional as well as technical.
Sunny Delight Beverages company

--- In Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>
vill...@yahoogroups.com, Varden Morris <vard...@...> wrote:

> Usually in these kinds of data imports we assume that the data is clean
and valid. So we would use the doInsert() method on the table buffer as
oppose to the insert method. This method skips all validation and enhances
performance.

> Varden Morris
> Varalth Solutions Inc.
> 693 Abbottsfield Road NW
> Edmonton, Alberta T5W 4R4
> Canada
> (780) 752-0406
> www.varalth.com
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This message and any attachments are confidential.  If you have received
this transmission in error, please be advised that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance upon this communication is strictly
contact the sender immediately. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of the company.  Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.

vill...@yahoogroups.com" <Axapta-Knowledge-