Thanks Cheri,  for all the information.  I have to go cook dinner now so
will get back to this.  What a journey!  I don't know if I am ready for
this.  My mother has told me many stories about the family and I want to get
those down, before I forget them.  This country to me is the United States.
Ryde, California is where  Thomas Bettencourt settled when he came from the
Azores.  Thanks again.