On 26/06/07, Ian Betteridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 26 Jun 2007, at 20:24, Brian Butterworth wrote:

> "The charge concerns the use of Microsoft technology in the
> corporation's forthcoming iPlayer. "
>
> On the BBC News website.  Using the meaning I said!  TYS

So... you're taking the writing of a non-technical journalist on BBC
news over the words of both Ashley Highfield and someone working in
the same team as the iPlayer/Cable project? OK! That makes sense.

I was joking, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have stuck the "TYS" on the
end.  In fact, if you read the article it refers to the Windows based
catchup service as the iPlayer only in the text and all the services
(excluding cable and the later services) as the iPlayer in the infobox.

In fact I should really take the BBC News website as read because it is
supposed to have gone though all those BBC jounalistics processes that take
so many talented people to invoke.

Many people I have spoken to inside and outside the BBC do indeed suggest
that Mr Highfield's comments should be taken with advice.

Prey oh exhalted one, tell me great oracle, whence is a simple licence fee
payer supposed to know whence the definition of the iPlayer product is to be
definitity found?  And also why!

Did you spend the last two hours scouring the BBC web site to find
any reference that "proves" you're right? You must be right! It's all
a conspiracy! They're trying to... erm... make things!

Too less than ten seconds, I have RSS feeds you know!

Unofficial
list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth
www.ukfree.tv