On 26 Jun 2007, at 20:48, Brian Butterworth wrote:

I was joking, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have stuck the "TYS" on the end. In fact, if you read the article it refers to the Windows based catchup service as the iPlayer only in the text and all the services (excluding cable and the later services) as the iPlayer in the infobox.

Ahh, an acronym I'm not familiar with! Ignore the rest of what I said then...

Many people I have spoken to inside and outside the BBC do indeed suggest that Mr Highfield's comments should be taken with advice.

In general, yes, but when it comes to strategy I'd suggest he knows what's going on. What's going on might not be any good, but that's another argument...

Prey oh exhalted one, tell me great oracle, whence is a simple licence fee payer supposed to know whence the definition of the iPlayer product is to be definitity found? And also why!

When it's actually released?