On 01/08/07, Paul Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The choice of the BBC not to use these is almost certainly because of the
> ability to hack them.  Imagine if they released a system based on something
> open and it got hacked within 3 days?

There's already a "hacked" version of iPlayer, it's called Bittorrent. It's
platform neutral too.

I'm not advocating eye patches and peg legs here, but personally I don't see
a moral difference between getting something that's available on demand free
from iPlayer via other means. That could be a PVR, or it could be getting it
from a torrent.