On 01/08/07, vijay chopra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not advocating eye patches and peg legs here, but personally I don't see
> a moral difference between getting something that's available on demand free
> from iPlayer via other means. That could be a PVR, or it could be getting it
> from a torrent.

The moral difference is in the restrictions. A file from the iTunes
Music Store that you can only play with Apple's proprietary software
is unethical, even if the copy you obtain was via bittorrent.

Similarly, there are many PVRs that are restricted so you can't, for
example, copy the files to your laptop to watch them on the train.

--
Regards,
Dave