On 01/08/07, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 01/08/07, vijay chopra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not advocating eye patches and peg legs here, but personally I don't
> see
> > a moral difference between getting something that's available on demand
> free
> > from iPlayer via other means. That could be a PVR, or it could be
> getting it
> > from a torrent.
>
> The moral difference is in the restrictions. A file from the iTunes
> Music Store that you can only play with Apple's proprietary software
> is unethical, even if the copy you obtain was via bittorrent.
>
> Similarly, there are many PVRs that are restricted so you can't, for
> example, copy the files to your laptop to watch them on the train.

DRM may be annoying, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "unethical";
secondly who buys a PVR that DRMs your recording?! On that note, what type
of Pirate (Arrgh, me hearties) downloads DRMed Music? If your anti-DRM
taargets[sic] are bittorrent and PVRs you're aiming in the wrong direction.

Vijay.