On Wednesday 21 November 2007 9:49:35 am Shon Stephens wrote:
> I did do something foolish the other day when I edited the jobs and
> ran reload in the console while a job was despooling. The conf wasn't
> correct (still trying to get the Windows Fileset syntax correct). Well
> of course the director puked and this is I suppose expected. What I
> didn't expect is that Bacula wouldn't be able to tell me what happened
> to the job, or that the data that had been spooled to disk would all
> be gone.

I think it would be really cool if we could test a new config from within
bconsole.

Something like:
* reload test
/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf - v 2.2.5   OK
        < client1 - FD version 2.2.5 -          OK
        < client2 - Unable to connect           ERROR
        < client3 - FD version 2.0.3 -          OK
        < storage1 - SD v2.2.5 -                        OK
        @/etc/bacula/otherstorage.conf  OK
                < includedclient - FD v 2.2.5   OK
                < includedstorage - Unable to connect   ERROR
/etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf - v 2.2.5            OK
/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf - v 2.2.5            OK

reload test succeded, the configuration will initialize and run!
Clients 4/5 passed tests.
Storage 1/2 passed tests.

There were 2 Errors, and 0 failures.

*reload

OK

*

Of course, this would only support re-reading the configuration files Bacula
was already using.  If someone wanted to relocate config files, or test
copies they were editing, then they'd have to drop back to manually testing
them at the command-line.

Flak Magnet (Tim)
www.flakmagnet.com