Lionel,

I found this post from 10 years ago. That user had a similar problem. Kern
suggested add "Heartbeat Interval = 300" to the appropriate resources on
both sides (dir and FD in your case). I see you mentioned setting
heartbeat, did you set it on both sides?

Source: old post to this list
https://bacula-users.narkive.com/i6Y7gQ1J/lib-bsock-c-397-write-error-sending-1-bytes-to-storage-daemon

Robert Gerber
402-237-8692