Hello ,

Could  Encryption have any impact in my problem.

I am testing without any encryption between SD/DIR/BConsole or FD and it seems
to be more stable. (short sized  job right done , longest job already running :
750Gb to migrate)

My WAN connection seems  to be quite good,  I  achieve transferring big and
small  raw files by scp ssh and don't have ping latency or troubles with the
ipsec connection.

I tried too with NAT,  by not using IPSEC and setting  Bacula SD & DIR
directly in front of the WAN.
And the same occurs  (wrote X byte  but only Y accepted)

I Tried too to make a migration job to migrate from  SD  to SD through WAN
instead of SD-> FD through WAN and the result was the same. (to see if win32 FD
could be involved)
 - DIR and SD in the same LAN.
 - Backup remote  FD through  remote SD, the two are in the same LAN to fast
backup : step OK .
- Then  migration from remote SD to the SD that is in the DIR area through WAN
to outsource volumes physical support : step nok
The final goal: outsourcing volumes.
I then discard the gzip compression (just in case)

The errors are quite disturbing :
*       Error: lib/bsock.c:397 Wrote 65566 bytes to client:192.168.0.4:9102,
but only 65536 accepted
        Fatal error: filed/backup.c:1008 Network send error to SD.
ERR=Input/output error
Or  (when increasing MaximumNetworkBuffer)
*       Error: lib/bsock.c:397 Wrote 130277 bytes to client:192.168.0.17:9102,
but only 98304 accepted.
        Fatal error: filed/backup.c:1008 Network send error to SD.
ERR=Input/output error
Or (Migration job)
*       Fatal error: append.c:319 Network error reading from FD. ERR=Erreur
d'entrée/sortie
        Error: bsock.c:571 Read expected 131118 got 114684 from Storage
daemon:192.168.10.54:9103

It's look like there is a gap between send and receive buffer and looking at
the source code, encryption could affect buffer size due to encryption.
So I  think Bacula-SD could be in cause (maybe).
Could it be a bug?
What could I do to determine the problem (activating debug in sd daemon ? )

I use Bacula 13.0.3 on Debian 12 , with ssl 1.1

Thank for helping. Backup scenarios must have an a step of relocating the
backup media to be reliable.