> On 11/7/23 19:26, Lionel PLASSE wrote:
> > I’m sorry but no wi-fi nor 5G in our factory, and don't use my phone too to
> > backup my servers :) .
> > I was talking about ssh (scp) transfer just to Just to show out  I have no
> > problem when uploading big continuous data using other tools through this
> > wan. The wan connection is quite stable.
> >
> > "So it is fine when the NIC is up. Since this is Windows,"
> > no windows. I discarder windows problem hypothesis by using a migration
> > job, so from linux sd to linux sd
>
> OK. I see that now. You also tried without compression and without
> encryption. Have you tried reducing Maximum Network Buffer Size back to
> the default 32768?

Are you sure it is 32768?

I thought the default comes from this in bacula/src/baconfig.h:

#define DEFAULT_NETWORK_BUFFER_SIZE (64 * 1024)

>                    There must be some reason why the client seems to be
> sending 30 bytes more than its Maximum Network Buffer Size. Bacula first
> tries the Maximum Network Buffer Size, but if the OS does not accept
> that size, then it adjusts the value down until the OS accepts it. Maybe
> the actual buffer size gets calculated differently on Debian 12? Why is
> the send size exceeding the buffer size? Or could there be a typo in the
> Maximum Network Buffer Size setting on one side?

It's an interesting question.  OTOH, if the connection is using TLS, then the
underlying number of bytes transmitted doesn't match the application layer
anyway.

Also, can you explain why the network buffer size would cause data loss on a
TCP connection?