"I'm not sure I've read enough of Bahaullah's writings to say that he
gives a particularly deep understanding. Some Bahai interpretations of
Quranic passages I don't find terribly satisfying or super-deep. I
think there are Muslim scholars, especially Sufis and others who
interpret the Quran in ways which I find more impressive."

Dear Gilberto,

Than your run-of-the-mill Baha'i? I would think so! But isn't that comparing
apples to oranges. As you said, you haven't read enough of Baha'u'llah's
Writings.

"But the larger point I would want to make is that if you are saying
that over time, people can have a deeper understanding of certain
texts, then I actually wouldn't have much a problem with that notion
of progress. If, as quoted from the Bahai writings, the word of God is
endless in meaning, then that suggests that Muslims could stick to the
Quran and continue to study it, and find more and more spiritual depth
the more time they spent in its ocean."

And Christians can find more spiritual depth out of the Bible as well. That
doesn't mean they won't be missing some gems if they neglect to read the
Qur'an.

warmest, Susan