Qurayzah, duly noted, sorry for the error.

The treaty and its breaking provided grounds for the Muslims to make war with them, indeed.
The outcome of wiping out the males of mature age (old enough to be capable of bearing arms), then enslaving the women and children DID wipe them out ethnically just as completely as if the women and children had been slain. I would submit you do not know if they continue to exist as a people because they do not.

Tribal warfare tends to be BRUTAL warfare. Whether it be Hebrews, Arab, Hutu, or whatever.

The warfare of the time before Muhammed was warfare at its worst and most brutal. Muhammed regulated that brutality and advanced the quality of human culture and civilization. Of that there is no doubt. It was commendable and I think demonstrably proved the Divine Source of Islam.

This does not mean that the example that has been given is not genocide by modern standards. I think that modern standards were affected greatly by Jesus and Muhammed's contribution to the perfection of human civilization.

I believe this whole progress is proof that the "moral value of life" does indeed change from age to age and dispensation to dispensation.

Regards,
Scott

Gilberto Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's not Quraysh, it's Qurayzah. Those are two different groups.

The people of Qurayzah had made a treaty with the Muslims, broken it,
and were a continuing ongoing threat. The women and children survived
so the next generation and the bearers of culture survived. The two
cases are morally different. In this latter case it was a specific
response to a specific situation. In the former case it was policy.

> But in both examples a generation later none of the Canaanites and none of
> the Quraysh existed.

It is Qurayzah not Quraysh. Quraysh is alive and well. For example,
according to Bahais, Bahaullah would have been Quraysh.

I don't know that Banu Qurayzah has disappeared or under what circumstances.

-Gilberto

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments th! ereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.