On August 22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:01:20 +0100 (IST), Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>     > Aha. So you're saying the fix is as easy as renaming
>     > bbdb-autoloads to auto-autoloads?
>
> Not as far as I can tell, but I'm no expert. I would guess the fix is
> as simple as not using bbdb-autoloads if one is on a recent version of
> XEmacs and instead using its internal function to construct an
> auto-autoloads.el, which function looks like this:
>
> xemacs -batch -q -no-site-file -eval '(setq autoload-package-name "bbdb")' \
>         -l autoload -f batch-update-directory lisp
>
> At least I can tell you that that fix works here.

Hmm. okay, but that's close enought to how the current bbdb-autoloads
is generated:

$(EMACS) -batch -q -l autoload \
                --eval '(setq generated-autoload-file "'`pwd`'/$@")' \
                --eval '(setq make-backup-files nil)' \
                --eval '(setq autoload-package-name "bbdb")' \
                -f batch-update-autoloads `pwd`

So, if we change the Makefile as per your suggestion, does it work
then?

I seem to recall that before the above appeared in the Makefile, the
autoloads file was indeed called auto-autoloads.el

Cheers,
Waider.
--
Ronan Waide, Technology Consultant

StepStone, #102 Block 4, Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Rd, Dublin 2, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0)1 2944077  Fax: +353 (0)1 2944078  http://www.stepstone.ie/