> * In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> * On the subject of "important changes"
> * Sent on Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:38:47 +0000
> * Honorable Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> I've also, after a whole day of wrestling with Emacs' notion of popup
> menus and overlays, managed to port most of the font and menu stuff
> over to GNU Emacs. For the record, GNU Emacs' menu-handling blows
> goats, and is yet another example of GNU Emacs simply not getting
> X. I am tempted to elaborate, ...

please do - preferably in the form of an emacs bug report (so that the
powers that be see it) as well as in this list (so that I see it :-)

> You'll need to load bbdb-gui to see this in action.

GNU Emacs "official philosophy" is that "loading a file should not
change Emacs' behaviour".  Maybe we could comply with it by removing

        (add-hook 'bbdb-list-hook 'bbdb-fontify-buffer)

from the file and recommending it in the docs?

> * I've not yet tested it on emacs 19, and I'm still refusing
>   point-blank to have anything to do with emacs 21.

may I ask why?
I use e21, and will look at the problems when I have an opportunity
(in the form of a real mouse :-)

> * Emacs' overlay code is broken.

please do file a bug report!

Thanks

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
MS Windows vs IBM OS/2: Why marketing matters more than technology...