DG> I want a full listing, in multiple lines, minus a couple fields.
DG> Robert's patch does this.  bbdb-elided-display does not.

>> Yes, it does...

DG> [...]

DG> Thanks!  Is that new in the 2.3* versions?

    I don't think so, but it's hard to find since most people don't
think of 'elide'.

DG> I don't recall that being possible previously.  The only question
DG> then would be is there an easy way to toggle it as Robert's patch
DG> does?  Occasionally I want to edit the pilot-id field, typically
DG> to move things to a different category.

    When you are on a record in the BBDB buffer you can hit 't' when
this variable is set it will rotate from hiding elided fields
(default) to all fields shown, to one-line display, back to hiding
elided fields (or at least it does for me :).