On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Colin Rafferty spake:
> Robert Fenk wrote:
>> bbdb-one-line-display-fields (bbdb-elided-display-fields)
>>      list of fields which should be displayed in one-line display
>
> This is the exact opposite of the -elided- version, and a bad choice.
> If I add a new field interactively, I now need to add that field to
> this variable.  This is like something that I will not remember.

Also, this makes it very hard to `make-obsolete-variable' the old names
to the new ones :(

>> How about theses warnings of name/functionality changes
>> should they go into the code (warn/compile) or the
>> documentation?
>
> See `make-obsolete-variable'.

... which you can't use if there is no close analogue to the variable in
existence. Ideally `make-obsolete-variable' and the other functions
should be passed modifier and accessor forms so that you can have any
transformation happen between the new nad old variables, but that isn't
the case right now :(

--
`It's all about bossing computers around. Users have to say "please".
Programmers get to say "do what I want NOW or the hard disk gets it".'