On Sun Oct 14 2012 Leo wrote:
> Sure. So bbdb-no-duplicates was renamed to bbdb-allow-duplicates while
> keeping the same value which amounts to disallow duplicates by default
> and that is exactly what caused me all the trouble.

The annoying thing was that I kept both the default value and the
docstring, that is, the docstring did not match what the variable
name suggested and the old default did not match what the docstring
recommended. This previous situation was very confusing.

> In my view, bbdb-no-duplicates defaults to nil says a lot about people
> caring duplicates.

I am sorry, I am confused. What do you want to say here?