Only PREEMPT_RT allows access to the full Linux functionality. Xenomai uses
a dual kernel concept which is very limited. All custom device drivers need
be design to fit into the Xenomai concept which makes things even worse.
The performance gain of Xenomai compared to that of PREEMPt_RT is
negligible in most cases.