I have recently tested kernel 3.8.13-rt9 (
https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/tree/3.8-rt) using
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clrkwllms/rt-tests.git. I am
using Ubuntu 12.04.4. The load was created using stress –cpu 1 which
generates a cpu load of about 100%. I then used cyclictest:

 root@ubuntu-armhf:/home/ubuntu/rt-tests# ./cyclictest -l1000000 -m -n -t1
-p99 -i400 -q

# /dev/cpu_dma_latency set to 0us

T: 0 ( 770) P:99 I:400 C:1000000 Min: 14 Act: 19 Avg: 18 Max: 132

 uname -a reports:

root@ubuntu-armhf:/home/ubuntu/rt-tests# uname -a

Linux ubuntu-armhf 3.8.13-rt9-00899-g160e771 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 19
10:49:36 CEST 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

 I am absolutely surprised that the result is looking that good.