On Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:58:32 AM UTC-7, Jason Kridner wrote:

> If you have a BeagleBone Black and are able to try out this image, it
> might be good to propose fixing any short-falls you see in what is provided
> on the image.

Every time I boot, or logout of LXDE, I get a touchscreen calibration
program that runs. It says 'Touchscreen calibration for Logitech USB
Keyboard' (I think it sometimes says Mouse, but I could be mistaken). I am
running with a HDMI monitor and a USB keyboard and mouse connected to an
external powered hub. I have no touchscreen to calibrate and this wastes
about 15 seconds on each logout. What starts this program, and how do I
disable it?

Also, the .profile file in the /home/debian directory is not being
executed. I don't have a .bash_profile or .bash_login file to prevent it
from being loaded. I noticed the default shell is dash rather than bash, at
least /bin/sh is linked to /bin/dash, but the dash man page says it should
read commands from .profile as well. When I tried the chsh command it says
the default login shell is /bin/bash which should definitely read from
.profile.

I can tell that .profile is not being executed because I have a personal
bin directory at /home/debian/bin. This directory should be added to the
PATH by the .profile, but that isn't happening. I have also set a new
environment variable in my .profile and it does not appear in the output of
the env command. Any ideas why my .profile is not executing?

Dennis Cote