On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 17:32:55 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Hi Harvey
>
>thanks for the tip, and thanks for taking the time to help me

Sure.  However, I'm not sure how well Lazarus supports processors like
the BBB.  All I've used it on is the PC, where it's reasonably
compatible with old Delphi code.  I was not convinced that they really
had done a good job on the language yet....

For embedded programming (Xmega), I use embedded C (GNU-AVR).

Harvey