Look at Golang.org

I just finished a html5 webserver running on the BBB built in Golang and
cross compiled from Ubuntu for ARM.

The performance gains with Golang's concurrency model is huge and it's
rather new with many functional improvements over C/C++.

It's easy to pick-up and get going with,but don't take my word for it,
check it out at http://www.golang.org

Pieter