Charles,

The idea I had in my mind is that someone could potentially, more easily.
Figure out how to use device tree files. By examining something that is
closer to self explanatory, and not a wall of code to hurdle. I think your
overlays illustrate very well how device tree files work, but that wall of
code obstacle makes it much harder to read through. This way, you can see
what exactly is needed for a single pin, and by extension should be able to
make it much easier for a beginner to combine pins into their own overlay
file. That's how it worked for me anyway. I understand device tree source
files, pin muxing, and all this much better. Granted, I still do not know
*everything*, but that's ok. I feel really good about how much I understand
right now.

Also, as I mentioned above. I needed a way to mux pins for my Bonejs
project, and I think this is the perfect, and most "generic" way of fitting
all needs, for any potential users of Bonejs. But, I am still open to other
ideas / options.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpSkaymwQZox23Fz2EdQZa9zXrpVmVLo%2BG-wYpyaU7CMA%40mail.gmail.com.