Here's my solution.
There will be shorter ways. I am new to perl, so this is how did it.

At the prompt do
$array-prob.pl <datafile>

#!/usr/bin/perl

#File name : array-prob.pl

my @arr;
while(<>)
{
        chomp($_);
        $field{$_}++;
        print "$_ $field{$_}\n";
        my $set = 0;
        my $reset = 1;
        foreach $element (@arr) {
                if($_ ne $element)      {
                        $set = 1;
                }
                else    {
                        $reset = 0;
        if($set == 1 || $arr == 0)      {
                if($reset != 0) {
                        push(@arr,$_);

print "\n array  - is @arr";
print "\n Repeats are : \n";
foreach $element (@arr) {
         print "$element was $field{$element} times\n";
}

c'ya
Aman