Hi Sasha,

The changes to RFC5549 are:

*       Changing the NH encoding for AFI/SAFI 1/128
*       Enable the behavior for AFI/SAFI 1/129 (same as AFI/SAFI 1/128)

The fact of doing it in BESS has been agreed by the ADs (INT and RTG) as we
only changes the VPN SAFIs.

Martin, our AD, is looking at the right way to proceed and will confirm, but
this may not be a real bis that obsoletes RFC5549 (that’s why the draft is
named revision and not bis). One of the opened possibility is to make RFC5549
historic and not obsolete.

Brgds,

Stephane