*I do not support this draft in the current form. *

This document instead of improving the original specification makes it
actually worse.

Point 1 -

Original RFC sec. 6.2:

o Network Address of Next Hop = IPv6 address of Next Hop

Proposed text:

o Network Address of Next Hop = VPN-IPv6 address of Next Hop whose
RD is set to zero

As it has been explained when you negotiate in capability AFI2 as next hop
it is just 16 octets - not 24. Next hop never has an RD. The fact that some
implementations are matching length of NLRI with length of next hop no
where should be made equal that next hop has 8 octet dummy Route
Distinguisher.

If revision is to be made would be to explicitly negotiate capability to
infer next hop encoding from the length.

Point 2 -

Addition of section 6.3 and SAFI 129 is fine, but again next hop encoding
is lightly stating suboptimal.

Conclusion:

As we have discussed on and off line if revision is to be made let's make
it both backwards compatible, Let's make it applicable to both IPv4 and
IPv6 next hop addresses and let's allow explicit capability where
implementations could indicate that it can recognize next hop value from
its length. After all we are talking about just 4 discrete possible values
here.

Cheers,
Robert.