Perhaps I am too bold, but I just went ahead and put in a request for
the wikia URL

http://bibdesk.wikia.com

Wikia is a free wiki hosting domain. Wikia supports the most recent
Mediawiki versions. That is unsurprising, given that it was started
by Mediawiki's inventor, Jimmy Wales. It looks to me like we would
have complete control over the look and feel of the wiki. Many of the
wikia wikis have ads on them, but not all, so it seems that we should
be free to have a clean look without all the garbage at the top found
in the SF.net wiki instances.

One applies for a wikia URL. If the staff feels the application
merits it, they will grant us that URL at some point. I will keep an
eye on the application to see if and when it is approved. If it is
approved, then the question I have for the developers and the main
wiki folks is: do you want to go ahead and move over there? Feel free
to take your time to answer that question. I have no idea how long it
will take for the wikia folks to reply to my request.

Cheers,

Rob