Very well said. You clearly understand and were able to accurately elaborate
on what I was saying.

The most important question you raise is "is it worth it?" Does Binc serve
to gain more than it could potentially lose (here comes risk :-) ) by going
to a more open license? What kind of market is there for an IMAP-based
product at this point anyway?

I would think that there probably isn't much of a market at the moment
(despite the fact that I dislike exchange). Given that, there is less
likelihood of a business coming in and "stealing" something. However, this
also means there is less chance of a business contributing.

Without any large factors weighing in in favor of the BSD-style license I'm
with you on your inertia argument: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

An argument showing that at this point the most important thing for Binc is
to gain more corporate involvement would definitely sway me toward
advocating a BSD-style license (whereas now I'm just pointing out its
merits).

-Bob