On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 09:37:22AM -0600, Bryan Bishop via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Web forums are an interesting option, but often don't have good email user
> integration.

> What about bitcointalk.org or delvingbitcoin.org?

delvingbitcoin.org is something I setup; it's a self-hosted discourse
instance. (You don't have to self-host discourse, but not doing so limits
the number of admins/moderators, the plugins you can use, and the APIs you
can access)

For what it's worth, I think (discourse) forums have significant
advantages over email for technical discussion:

 * much better markup: you can write LaTeX for doing maths, you
   can have graphviz or mermaid diagrams generated directly from text,
   you can do formatting without having to worry about HTML email.
   because that's done direct from markup, you can also quote such
   things in replies, or easily create a modified equation/diagram
   if desired, things that are much harder if equations/diagrams are
   image/pdf attachments.

 * consistent threading/quoting: you don't have to rely on email clients
   to get threading/quoting correct in order to link replies with the