I also think that good archives are extremely important. Far more important
than being a medium of discussion is capturing all of that discussion for
posterity. An unbelievable amount of knowledge capital has been built up in
the mailing list over the years and given that Bitcoin is a system that
needs to survive complete turnover in its contributor base, it's of extreme
importance that we have a system that can capture the archive.

While Nostr might be good towards the end of being very resilient it isn't
mature enough to have good UX's built up around it wherein people with a
variety of backgrounds can engage it. Personally, I think the email UX
leaves a lot to be desired but at least it's accessible to a lot of people.
I don't think I can say the same for Nostr yet.

I won't opine much further on the solution but I think the properties we
need to solve for are:

1. Archive is effectively permanent
2. Accessible to a wide audience
3. Data format is not proprietary and isn't tied to the success or failure
of a particular organization

In principle I think that Nostr can offer a lot in the long term towards
this goal, but it isn't really an immediate solution to this problem.

Keags